The 61st annual Fall Technical Conference (FTC) will be held in Philadelphia, PA, October 4-6, 2017. FTC has long been a forum for both statistics and quality and is co-sponsored by the ASQ Chemical and Process Industries Division (CPID) and the Statistics Division, as well as two sections of the American Statistical Association, the Section on Physical and Engineering Sciences (SPES) and Quality and Productivity (Q&P). The theme of this year’s conference is “Statistics: Powering a Revolution in Quality Improvement.” Hope to see you there!
Online registration is now open and the preliminary program is available. Check back for updates – see below for schedule information.
- FTC has a brand new website! Visit the new website at www.falltechnicalconference.org
- Alternatively access registration directly from the ASQ website at https://prdweb.asq.org/ecommerce/FallTechnical/.
- Early bird registration & hotel block availability ends Wednesday, September 13th. Rates increase after that date.
- Students are eligible for a 50% discount on registration – special registration code needed
o Note: A few FTC Student and Early Career Grants are also available from the Statistics Division – application required! More info TBA.
- Wednesday, October 4th Full-day Short Courses Available ($300 if before Sept 13th;$350 after) & Opening Reception
o Modern Nonparametrics & Data Discovery Science – Subhadeep Mukhopadhyay
o Modern Response Surface Methods & Computer Experiments – Robert Gramacy
o Quality by Design: Concept, Tools, & Applications – Ron Kenett & David Steinberg
o Statistical Design of Clinical Trials – Li Tang & Hui Zang
- Thursday, October 5th Day 1 Conference Sessions
o Hahn Award Plenary Speaker – Ron Snee, Snee Associates
o Statistics Division Invited Session on Big Data & Analytics, featuring Dick de Veaux, Williams College, & Andrew Fast, Chief Scientist at Elder Research
o Youden Address – Steven Bailey, Dupont
- Friday, October 5th Day 2 Conference Sessions + SPES Special Session
o Luncheon Speaker – ASA President Barry Nussbaum
o Wine & Cheese Reception followed by SPES Special Session
- Topic is Statistics Training for Industry: Creating a Competitive Advantage
- Panelists include William Myers, P&G; Willis Jensen, WLGore; Ron Snee, Snee Assoc; & Jennifer van Mullekom, VaTech
Conference Location & Travel Info:
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill, 1 Dock St Philadelphia, PA 19106 (half a mile from Independence Hall & the Liberty Bell!)
- Hotel Block rate $209, available until 5pm Wednesday, September 13th
- Full info available on the website